GrandLuxe Theatres - Four Seasons Station Movie Showtimes
1:30pm, 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 4:30pm, 7:00pm, 7:30pm, 9:30pm, 10:00pm
1:00pm, 3:30pm, 6:30pm, 9:00pm
2:30pm, 5:00pm, 8:00pm, 10:30pm
1:15pm, 4:45pm, 7:45pm, 10:15pm
User reviews on GrandLuxe Theatres - Four Seasons Station
I have been wanting to visit the GrandLuxe for approx. a year, ever since a co-worker told me about it. As we live an hour away we have been waiting for a "reason" to go. We decided Valentine's Day was a good reason. My husband and I along with another couple went to the 8pm showing of Robocop. This is how our evening went:
• Smokey / Burning Smell when we walked in and still Smokey / Burning Smell after the movie
• Took over an hour to receive drinks (beer, mixed drink and water - water received 5 minutes after bar drinks)
• No Straw with the drinks, asked for straw and never received
• The Couple with us did not receive drinks until 5 minutes after us although we all ordered at the same time
• I ordered Crispy Cuban, advised they were "out"
• My Husband ordered Shrimp & Grits, an HOUR after we ordered a different waitress came to tell us they were "out" and asked if he wanted to order something else. He declined but ordered a 2nd beer...
• Husband ordered his 2nd beer from 6 different servers before he received it
• Food came around 8:45 pm. It was ordered before 7:30 pm.
• I ordered the Italian. It was BURNT, salad was disgusting / not able to eat (picked the meat out of the sandwich).
• The Couple with us did not receive food for another 10 minutes, they attempted to give my friend's husband the wrong food / someone else's plate. Then several minutes later attempted to give my friend a 2nd plate of Crab Cakes (that were not ordered).
• Waitress never came back to check on us even with the light on.
• When the bill was presented toward the end of the movie, we were charged for the Shrimp & Grits we never received and were told they did not have.
• My husband asked the waitress to fix the problem, she never came back.
• After the movie was over my husband had to find the waitress, she advised him she "forgot" to fix our bill. Then proceeded to fix it but with a nasty attitude about it.
So you can understand why we were all thoroughly pissed and will not be returning. It is a great concept but in order to succeed they will most certainly need better staff, both wait and kitchen. We understood that it was Valentine's Day and service would be slower as it was busy, in fact the waitress advised us of this when we were seated. However, there is no acceptable reason for it taking over an hour to receive drinks (especially the WATER!) when I saw staff just hanging out when I went to the bathroom.
I also sent basically the same email to the Contact Us email of the GrandLuxe. After 6 days of no response I resent directly to theatre management. I finally received a reply with these great tid-bits:
• I was confident that our customers would be understanding given the circ**stances.
• US Foods and Southern Foods had both promised us they would arrive NLT 8:00pm, so we anticipated having all of the items the servers rang up. (we ordered our food before 7:30 pm….)
• Given the amount of tickets they had to adjust, we had quite a few that were not addressed in a timely fashion.
• Many area restaurants had the same issue and were not able to full fill their reservations either.
So let's not address the issues at hand and just give excuses? Don't waste your time and / or money. Oh and for this wonderful service we were automatically charged 17.5% gratuity.
Is the GrandLuxe worth it? In Greensboro, NC I say no.
They entice you with no children (21 & up), food/drink delivery service, alcohol, expanded menu, roomier seats and reserved seating. For these extras they charge you approx $2 per person extra. I loved this concept and thought just the fact that there wouldn't be crying babies at an evening movie is worth $2 all by its self. I was wrong.
Yes, there are no children. However the fact that the wait staff, as careful as they try to be, are in and out taking orders with their digital, lighted machines through the entire movie make a crying baby seem like nothing. Not to mention that the food is served with metal flatware on plastic trays so your neighbor is clanking around the entire movie (through no fault of their own). Certain beverages are served in glass with ice further causing clanking.
Food delivery. Great concept until you realize that not only do they have it, you are forced to use it. The menu, while expanded is also limited. They don't have the size options, frozen beverages (like ICEE), and they charge you more than the regular Grand it's attached to. Yes, it is logical it would be more because they have to pay the delivery staff, but then on top of the higher rate, they charge you 17.5% fee for the waitstaff....double dipping?
Alcohol. For me I can last 90min to 3hours without alcohol. If you can go without it, I recommend it. The extra trips to the restroom nullify the delivery service concept as you still have to leave the theater. If you are an alcoholic, this may be worth it alone for you.
Meals. Yes, you can get an actual meal verses just snacks. But they ask you to arrive 30 min early if you plan to eat which totally wipes out the "no reason to arrive early because your seats are reserved" feature. We ordered chocolate, bacon, spicy peanut popcorn. It was so messy that we could hardly eat it. And they didn't bring napkins or bother to check back. If you are starving and you cannot wait 90min to 3hrs for a real meal, if snacks will just not do, I guess it's worth it.
Reserved Seating. I do like this, but all of the other cons makes it worth it to me to show up 15 min early to get the seat I want for no extra money. They are slightly large and have better leg room but I'm 5'4" so not necessary for me personally.