Top Five Highest Paid Actors
Though we’re not quite through with 2010, we always have time to make those special lists celebrating the year’s biggest celebrity earners. As such, we’ve compiled a list of the top five highest paid actors of the year. But this list is more than just about whose bank account is the biggest. Becoming one of the top five highest paid actors takes a great deal of talent, time, and dedication. So who are the top five highest paid actors of the year? Let’s find out.
5. Denzel Washington: America’s favorite pensive leading man makes it to the top 5 with $31 million in earnings, narrowly edging out the year’s highest paid actress, Emily Watson of Harry Potter (or perhaps more precisely, Hermione) fame. Washington has foregone the big blockbuster genre and instead chooses to feature in mid-budget dramas and thrillers that give his fans something to think about. It also keeps his bank account nice and full!
4. Adam Sandler: Depending on what you think of Adam Sandler’s persona as the eternal teenager, you might be surprised to learn that he has made more in the last year than Johnny Depp, George Clooney, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt! Maybe it’s just us, but it certainly is surprising that he’s been able to bank so heavily on his juvenile persona (in more ways than one). Expect him to take riskier, less ostentatious roles like the one he recently played in Funny People.
3. Tom Hanks: The two-time Oscar winner made $36 million in the last year, propelling him to the third spot on the list of the biggest Hollywood earners. Most of his earnings these days come from his work behind the scenes as a producer since many of the films in which he stars no longer equal the box-office magic they used to in the 1990s. We’re sure he isn’t complaining; with $36 million in his pocket, why would he?
2. Ben Stiller: What can we say except that we like our leading men funny? Ben Stiller has proven to be much, much more than just the “Jewish” Tom Cruise. He’s his own brand of neuroses and funny business that keeps audiences coming back for more with each subsequent release. How else do you explain his $40 million haul for the year? He may not have Tom Cruise’s romantic persona, but he certainly has a career that even Mr. Cruise must envy these days . . .
1. Daniel Radcliffe: Yup, you read right. And no, this isn’t some wizard trick cast to fool us mere muggles. The highest earning actor for the year is none other than the young actor who plays Harry Potter himself, Daniel Radcliffe. Playing the most famous teenager in the world clearly isn’t a bad gig for Radcliffe, who earned $41 million for the year between film receipts and merchandising profits. Word is that Radcliffe earned $20 million for both of the final two Harry Potter films. Ka ching ka ching! Even Harry Potter himself must want some of Radcliffe’s special earning powers!
Popularity: 2% [?]